Steve Wicks, Made in England
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, High Wycombe 1999 - 2003.
2001-2003. Passed with a First Class Honours - BA Applied Furniture Studies
- Computer Aided Design and 3D Studio
- Technical Drawing and Presentation
- Produce & Manufacture Small Batch Production
- Business Studies
- Historical and Critical Practice
- Upholstered Furniture and Restoration
1999-2001. Passed with a Distinction - HND Applied Furniture Studies.
- Generating innovative ideas and developing them by producing sketches, renderings, models, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Designing innovative furniture to private or corporate requirements applying knowledge of a wide range of materials and production techniques.
- Making pre-production plans including; costing, estimating, break-even analysis, specification and cutting lists.
- Handling all wood working machinery with safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- Upholstering furniture by traditional or contemporary methods. Finishing and polishing furniture utilising spray, french polishing and oiling techniques.
Berkshire, London & Germany. 1980-1999
- City & Guilds in Carpentry
- House Building
- Kitchen Fitting
- Estimating & Costing
- Roof Tiling
- Painting & Decorating